Effective as of July 1, 2013
The Information We Collect
1. Personal Information
You may, instead of logging in through Facebook Connect or Twitter Connect, create login credentials using your e-mail address.
We may also collect and store other information that you voluntarily choose to provide, including as part of your Create.It user profile, which you may update via the Platform. Such information may include a brief bio of yourself; a link to your website; information about your company, including its address, phone number, and e-mail; and any other personal information you provide.
Facebook Connect and Twitter Connect give you the option to post information about your activities on the Platform to your profile page to share with others within your network or opt out of information you do not wish to share.
All information collected pursuant to this section is collectively referred to as “Personal Information.”
2. Billing Information
In order for Clients to purchase certain products and services, they may be required to provide certain information in addition to the Personal Information noted above. Such information may include a debit card number, credit card number, and similar information (collectively, the “Billing Information).
3. Other Information
In addition to the Personal Information and the Billing Information, we may collect additional information (collectively, the “Other Information”). Such Other Information may include:
a. From Your Activity. Information that we automatically collect when you use the Platform, such as your IP addresses, browser type and language, referring and exit pages and URLs, date and time, amount of time spent on particular pages, what sections of the Platform you visit, and similar information concerning your use of the Platform.
c. From You. Information that you voluntarily provide to us that does not identify you personally, such as your likes and interests.
Accessing and Modifying Personal Information and Communication Preferences
Clients and Creators may access, review, and make changes to their Personal Information, Billing Information, and certain Other Information by following the instructions found on the Platform. In addition, such users may manage their receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of any Create.It marketing email or by following the instructions found on the Platform. However, Clients and Creators cannot opt out of receiving transactional e-mails related to their accounts. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our subscription databases.
How We Use and Share the Information
We use the Personal Information, the Billing Information, and the Other Information to provide you the Services, solicit your feedback, inform you about our products and services and those of our third-party marketing partners, to administer the Campaigns, and to improve our Services to you. Also, we may share Personal Information, the Billing Information, and/or Other Information as described below.
· In order to provide the Services and administer the Campaigns, we may share your Personal Information and Other Information with our third-party promotional and marketing partners, including, without limitation, businesses participating in our or our Clients’ various programs.
· With your permission, third-party applications or services may access your Personal Information. We use standard OAuth (open authorization) to enable you to give permission to share your Personal Information with other websites and services, such as Facebook and Twitter (e.g., when you agree to a pop-up requesting you to allow another application to access your account information). We also use OAuth to allow us to share information about you that is stored by us without sharing your security credentials.
· In an ongoing effort to better understand our users and our Services, we might analyze the Other Information in aggregate form in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve the Platform and the Services. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may share this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents, and business partners. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our products and Services to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
· We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include providing marketing assistance, information technology support, and customer service. These other companies will have access to the Personal Information, the Billing Information, and the Other Information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law.
- As we develop our businesses, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, or similar event, the Personal Information, the Billing Information, and the Other Information may be part of the transferred assets.
- To the extent permitted by law, we may also disclose Personal Information, the Billing Information, and the Other Information when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency, or whenever we believe that disclosing such information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of Create.It or others.
How We Protect Your Information
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect the Personal Information, the Billing Information, and the Other Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet. In particular, e-mail sent to or from the Platform may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.
Important Notice to Non-U.S. Residents
The Platform and its servers are operated in the United States and elsewhere. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States and these other jurisdictions. By using the Services and/or providing us with any information, you hereby consent to this transfer.
How to Contact Us